Image Credit: Courtesy of Foster Westover, AIASMC 2019 & 2020 Academic Scholarship Awards Recipient
We are pleased to announce the AIASMC 2023 Academic Scholarship Awards Program. The awards program is intended to encourage and assist full-time students already enrolled in college in their pursuit of a degree in architecture at a college or university level in a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
This year’s scholarship will be awarded to a student or students actively pursuing an education in architecture. More than one candidate may be selected depending on the quality of the submissions. AIASMC may also decide not to distribute scholarship funds, depending on the quantity and quality of the applications submitted. Scholarship money awarded must be used for tuition.
The chapter is awarding up to $3,000 to one or more eligible applicants.
- Candidates must be a resident of San Mateo County OR a full-time student in a post-secondary San Mateo County school.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a full-time student and enrolled in a five-year professional degree program accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Scholarship award will be contingent on candidate’s proof of enrollment to a university or college with a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
Basis for Selection
- General Academic Performance (GPA)
- Creativity and Expression (portfolio/creative materials)
- Commitment and interest in the profession of architecture (written essay)
*Please note: Financial need is not a criterion for this award
Application Deadline has been Extended
Friday May 12, 2023
Award Applicants Notified
Monday May 15, 2023
Awards Ceremony (Live Chapter Fellowship Meeting)
Wednesday May 24, 2023
2023 AIASMC Academic Scholarship Application
Contact for Additional Information & Award Submissions (electronic form only)
Jackie Tanner, AIASMC Executive Director: [email protected]
AIASMC affirms its commitment to diversity and the rights of equal opportunity to all candidates. In that spirit, all applicants are welcomed and encouraged. The AIASMC does not discriminate with regard to age, disability, ethnic origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex or sexual orientation.