AIA San Mateo County Joint with AIA National
2020 Academic Scholarship Awards Program
AIASMC is pleased to announce the 2020 Academic Scholarship Awards Program. The awards program is intended to encourage and assist full-time students already enrolled in college in their pursuit of a degree in architecture at a college or university level in a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
This year’s scholarships will be awarded to students actively pursuing an education in architecture. More than one candidate may be selected depending on the quality of the submissions. AIASMC may also decide not to distribute scholarship funds, depending on the quantity and quality of the applications submitted. Scholarship money awarded must be used for tuition.
The chapter is awarding up to $2,000 to one or more eligible applicants.
- Candidates must be a resident of San Mateo County OR a full-time student in a San Mateo County school.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a full-time student and enrolled in a five-year professional degree program accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Scholarship award will be contingent on candidate’s proof of enrollment to a university or college with a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
Basis for Selection
- General Academic Performance (GPA)
- Creativity and Expression (portfolio/creative materials)
- Commitment and interest in the profession of architecture (written essay)
*Please note: Financial need is not a criterion for this award
2020 Academic Scholarship Application
*NEW* 2020 Academic Scholarship Application for College of San Mateo Students
Up to $1,000 will be awarded to one or more enrolled students pursuing an education in the College of San Mateo architectural program. Scholarship awarded must be used for tuition for the 20-21 academic year. See application for eligibility.
Application Deadline Friday December 4, 2020
Award Applicants Notified Monday December 7, 2020
Awards Ceremony (Chapter Fellowship Meeting) Wednesday December 9, 2020
Contact for Additional Information & Award Submissions (electronic form only)
Jackie Tanner, AIASMC Executive Director
AIASMC affirms its commitment to diversity and the rights of equal opportunity to all candidates. In that spirit, all applicants are welcomed and encouraged. The AIASMC does not discriminate with regard to age, disability, ethnic origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex or sexual orientation.