We are pleased to announce the AIASMC 2022 Academic Scholarship Awards Recipients. The awards program is intended to encourage and assist full-time students already enrolled in college in their pursuit of a degree in architecture at a college or university level in a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
Congratulations Tomas & Isabella!
Tomas Stankiewicz Cal Poly $2,000 Scholarship
A first-generation student born in Argentina and raised in Redwood City. Currently attending Cal Poly SLO as a fourth-year undergraduate, hoping to receive a bachelor’s in architecture and a minor in sustainable environments by the end of 2023.
Isabella Schenone Cal Poly $1,000 Scholarship
Currently a fourth-year architecture major at Cal Poly SLO with a minor in architectural engineering. Studying abroad for a year at the CSU IP Florence Center in Italy, Isabella shows interest in historical architecture and restoration as well as sustainability and passive design strategies.
- Candidates must be a resident of San Mateo County OR a full-time student in a post-secondary San Mateo County school.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a full-time student and enrolled in a five-year professional degree program accredited by the National Architecture Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Scholarship award will be contingent on candidate’s proof of enrollment to a university or college with a five-year NAAB accredited architecture program.
Basis for Selection
- General Academic Performance (GPA)
- Creativity and Expression (portfolio/creative materials)
- Commitment and interest in the profession of architecture (written essay)